Available on the market for the first time is a very private 3450 sq. ft., Mid-Century Modern (MCM) Downey home designed by Architect Jules Salkin AIA. Salkin incorporated Wrightian architectural design elements into this single story pool property. Many original MCM features have been preserved including the teak kitchen, custom built-ins, gorgeous teak-like wood panels, and mosaic tile work that models LAX’s iconic vertical stripes. The owners state that the tiles in the master bath were actually leftover from the LAX tile project. This home is perfect for buyers who are looking for preserved architecture and beautiful craftsmanship. Families will also feel at home with 4 bedrooms, 5 baths, office with built-in shelving and again beautiful wood paneling all on a huge 16,400 sq. ft. lot. The sunken great room welcomes everyone with the stone fireplace and built-in bar. You must see to truly appreciate this property! Convenient to Promenade, Stonewood shopping center, movies, restaurants and so much more. Easy access to Downtown Los Angeles and LAX via 605/5/105 freeways.
Single Family, 1 Story
1 Full/3 Three-Qtr/1 Half
Common Hot Water Heater
3,450 sq. ft
Yes -4 spaces
Detailed Room Information
- Living Room, Guest Room, Utility Room, Jack & Jill
- 1 Master Suite, Master Suite, Walk-In Closet
- Range/Oven Built-in, Dishwasher, Double Oven, Garbage Disposal, Range Hood, Exhaust Fan/Hood
- Central Air, Gas, Ceiling Fan(s)
- Master Bedroom, Gas Starter, Great Room, Raised Hearth.
- Additional Interior Features
- Cathedral/vaulted Ceiling
Exterior / Lot Features
- 4 Carport Spaces. 4 Parking Spaces.
- Deck, Patio, Rear Porch
- Pool Description
- Private, Diving, Filtered, Gunite, In-ground
- Lot View
- Pool View
- Additional Exterior/Lot Features
- Gutters, Sidewalks, Street Lights. Curbs Walk, Suburban.
Active Market Trends
Median list price
Days On Market
Properties For Sale
Sold Market Trends
Median sold price
Median Sq. Ft. Price